"Forests, Markets, Policy & Practice" International Conference and Technical Workshops is a prestigious annual event devoted to promoting good forest management, processing and responsible timber trade practices in China and globally. This conference is supported by the International Forestry Cooperation Center (IFCC) and Center for International Forest Products Trade (CINFT) of the Chinese State Forestry Administration, with funding from the USAID-funded Responsible Asia Forestry and Trade (RAFT) Program and the EU-supported FLEGT Asia Program.
It is co-organized by the Rainforest Alliance, the Chinese Academy of Forestry, The Nature Conservancy, WWF GFTN and The Forest Trust. Every year, this conference brings together policy makers, business leaders, environmental groups and scholars to discuss market trends and emerging policies impacting the forest products industry so as to identify solutions for moving the forest sector to grow sustainably.
To be held in Shanghai, June 22-23, 2011, this year's event will be specifically focused on the following topics:
• Synthesis and Comparison of Forest Management and Trade Policies in China and Major Consuming Countries
• Global Forest Products Markets: Trends and Perspectives
• Practices, Challenges and Solutions in the Forest Sector: Case Studies
• What is Forest Industry's Sustainable Future? A face-to-face dialogue between policy-makers and business leaders
Top Reasons to Attend
• Learn recent developments in forestry policies and business practices that are bringing a growing volume of legal and certified forest products to market;
• Network with industry experts, peers and business prospects that are engaging in sustainable forest management and trade within China, supplying China's manufacturing sector and/or sourcing from Chinese companies;
• Explore solutions that harmonize policy and practice for a positive change.
All presentations will be done in simultaneous Chinese-English translation.
Our past conferences were exclusive gatherings of decision-makers from throughout the forest products industry in China and internationally. Detailed programs of these events can be found below:
Forests, Markets, Policy and Practice 2010; September 7-8, 2010, Beijing
Forests, Markets, Policy and Practice 2009; September 8-9, 2009, Shanghai
Forests, Markets, Policy and Practice 2008, April 2-3, 2008, Beijing